RECALL: Over 652K Vehicles Involved In Air Bag Recall
The National Highway Traffic Administration has issued an urgent recall involving thirteen automakers and more than 652,000 vehicles in the latest round of the Takata air bag recall.
The NHTSA reports sixteen people have died worldwide and over a hundred people have been injured due to Takata air bags deploying with too much force resulting in injuries and, in extreme circumstances, death.
If you believe you or someone you know may be included in this recall, you can visit nhtsa.gov and key in your 17 digit vehicle id number to see if you vehicle is part of the recall.
This recall is the largest auto recall in US history and will affect over 42 million vehicles in total. Included in this recall are Audi, Nissan, Jaguar-Land Rover, Subaru, Daimler Vans, Tesla, Mitsubishi, BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes, Mazda, McLaren and Karma.
Here are the models involved in this recall:
- AUDI: 2009 A4 Cabriolet, S4 Cabriolet, A6 Avant, A6 Sedan and S6 Sedan; 2005-2008 A4 Avant, A4 Sedan, A6 Sedan, S4 Avant and S4 Sedan; 2007-2008 A4 Cabriolet, RS4 Sedan, S4 Cabriolet and S6 Sedan; 2006-2008 A6 Avant; 2008 RS4 Cabriolet
- NISSAN: 2012 Versa hatchback; 2009-2010 Infiniti M35 and M45, 2009 Nissan Versa; 2005-2008 Infiniti FX35 and FX45, 2006-2010 Infiniti M35 and M45, and 2007-2008 Nissan Versa
- JAGUAR-LAND ROVER: 2012 Jaguar XF, 2009 Jaguar XF, 2007-2009 and 2012 Range Rover
- SUBARU: 2005-2006 Baja, 2009 Forester, Legacy and Outback and 2006-2011 Impreza. Also 2006 to 2012 Tribeca; 2009-2012 Forester, Legacy, Outback, and 2012 WRX
- DAIMLER VANS: 2012 Freightliner 2500 and 3500 Sprinter and Mercedes-Benz 2500 and 3500 Sprinter; 2009 Dodge 2500 and 3500 Sprinter and Freightliner 2500 and 3500 Sprinter
- TESLA: 2012 Model S
- MITSUBISHI: 2012 and 2014 i-MiEV electric vehicles
- BMW: 2012 X5 xDrive30i, X5 xDrive35i, X5 xDrive48i, X5 xDrive50i, X5 M, X6 xDrive35i, X6 xDrive50i, and X6 M. 2009 X5 xDrive30i, X5 xDrive35i, X5 xDrive48i, X5 xDrive50i, and X5 M. 2008-2009 X6 xDrive 35i, X6 xDrive50i, X6 M, and 2009 X5 xDrive35d. 2007-2008 X5 xDrive30i, X5 xDrive35i, X5 xDrive48i, X5 xDrive50i and X5 M, and 2008 X6 xDrive35i, X6 xDrive50i, and X6 M
- FERRARI: 2012 California, 458 Italia, 458 Spider, and FF
- MERCEDES-BENZ: 2012 C300 4Matic, C250, C250 Coupe, C350, C350 Coupe 4Matic, C350 Coupe, C63 AMG, C63 AMG Coupe, E350 Coupe 4Matic, E350 Cabrio, E350 Coupe, E550 Cabrio, E550 Coupe, GLK350 4Matic, GLK350, SLS AMG Cabrio, and SLS AMG Coupe. 2009 C300 4Matic, C300, C350 and C63 AMG. 2008 C300 4Matic, C300, and C350
- MAZDA: 2007-2009 B-Series trucks, 2012 CX-7, CX-9 and Mazda6, 2009 CX-7, CX-9 and Mazda6, 2007-2008 CX-7 and CX-9, 2009 RX-8, 2005-2006 MPV and 2005-2008 RX-8
- MCLAREN: 2012 MP4-12C
- KARMA: 2012 Fisker Karma
You can read the full recall notice on the National Highway Traffic Administration website here.