The Home Depot Kids Workshops are free building classes for kids that are held once a month at Home Depot stores nationwide.
These Home Depot classes are held once a month and they're completely free to do and we love the whole concept it's easily one of the best free activity offerings from any store.
We'll be breaking down how exactly these workshops work, what age range the classes are ideal for and also keeping track of workshop dates so you have an idea of when the next one is.
Home Depot Kids Workshop
The goal of Home Depot Kids Workshops is to help kids get a hands-on learning experience that focuses on skill building, creativity, and safety for future DIYers.
Oh, and did we mention it's totally free?
The concept is totally brilliant and the classes being free doesn't hurt either, plus they really do a good job with focusing on the things that matter in these workshops.
At the class, your child will get a free project kit, a free kid sized Home Depot apron (which is honestly adorable) and also a certificate of completion and a free pin to recognize a job well done.
The workshops take place once a month (on the first Saturday of each month) and start at 9:00 a.m. and usually go on for a couple hours and signing up early is the best way to try out the workshops, but just be quick, spots usually fill up fast!
Home Depot Kids Workshop Schedule
Home Depot Kids Workshops take place one a month, it's usually the first Saturday of the month and start at 9 a.m. and usually last 1-3 hours.
We'll keep tabs on the Home Depot Kids Workshop dates below:
- January 2018 — Build a Wooden Block Calendar (Saturday, January 6, 2018)
- February 2018 — Build A Valentine Bean Bag Toss (Saturday,February 3, 2018)
- March 2018 — Construct A Periscope (Saturday, March 3, 2018)
- April 2018 — Build Wooden Birdhouse(Saturday, April 7, 2018)
- May 2018 — Construct a Windmill Planter (Saturday, May 5th, 2018)
- June 2018 — Build a Fishing Game(Saturday, June 2nd, 2018)
- July 2018 — Build Another Fishing Game (Saturday, July 7th, 2018)
- August 2018 — Build A Truck (Saturday, August 4th, 2018)
- September 2018 — Build a Field Goal Game (Saturday, September 1st, 2018)
- October 2018 — Build a Fireboat (Saturday, October 6th, 2018)
- November 2018 — TBA(Saturday, November 3rd, 2018)
- December 2018 — TBA (Saturday, December 1st, 2018)
We'll also be listing all the important information above as it becomes available.
What's The Upcoming Workshop?
The upcoming Home Depot workshop this month is Build a Fireboat.
What better way to celebrate Fire Safety Month then with a workshop with the kids at Home Depot? Hop over to your nearest Home Depot on Saturday, October 6th to get in on the fun!
How To Sign up for Workshop Classes
Signing up for Home Depot Kids Workshop classes is super easy too...
Jump over to Home Depot's Workshops and scroll down to the latest kids workshop that's available and click register.
Once you click Register, you'll want to click on 'Find Store' to find your local Home Depot store that holds an upcoming building class.
Just add your name, and any info they ask for and the number of kids that'll be attending with their names and info. Something to keep in mind, you'll want to register early because spots fill up fast.
That's it, you're all signed up and set to attend the upcoming workshop class!
Home Depot Kids Workshop Age-Range
Related Buyer's Guides and MomDeals' Lists:
- Starbucks Happy Hour 2018: The Complete Guide (Hours, Pricing & Info)
- Macy's One Day Sale: A Helpful Guide (Schedule, Dates & More)
Your turn: Have you gone to a Home Depot Kids Workshop? We'd love to hear about it. Leave us a comment letting us know what you liked about the free classes offered at Home Depot!