Lowes Price Match: Everything You Should Know (Plus Bonus Tips)
You're looking for information on the Lowes price match policy, but have questions.
You're not the only one.
A lot of people have questions about Lowes price matching so we figured we'd make a simple post breaking down the popular Lowes store policy.
Whether you're wondering what the price match policy is or how to get a price adjustment, we'll break down all the important info for the Lowes price match below.
What is the Lowes Price Match Policy?
Here's what you need to know about the in-store price match policy:
- From Lowe's website, "If you find a lower price on an identical item at a local or online retail competitor (including shipping and delivery fees), just bring us the competitor’s current ad or show a printout, photo, smartphone display or app, and we’ll match their price."
- "If you find a lower everyday price on an identical item at a local retail competitor, just bring us the competitor's current ad, and we'll beat their price by 10%. If a competitor is offering a percent off discount, we’ll match the final net price the competitor is offering."
- All you need to do is bring the entire printer ad, or a photo/photocopy of the ad. Digital versions of printer ads are also accepted, just present the price on your mobile device from a qualifying competitor to a Lowe's associate.
- Keep in mind you'll want to expect this process to take some time for validation and also keep in mind shipping is included in price match so if a website is offering an item for $50 with $10 shipping the price match will be $60.
What about Lowes Online Price Match?
Yes you can get an online price match when shopping at Lowes.com when you've found an item cheaper elsewhere, but you'll want to keep in mind a few things.
When trying to get a Lowes online price match you have two options which are you can get a price match over the phone by calling 1-877-465-6937 (1-877-GO-LOWES) or by online chat.
Once you've let them know about a price you want to match, they will go through validation to make sure it qualifies and give you a price match.
Also, as a benefit to those who are buying online at Lowes.com and selecting Store Pickup or Lowe's Home Delivery, they also guarantee that you will receive the lower of the online store price or the price at the local Lowe's store you are shopping at time of purchase.
Will Lowes Price Match Amazon?
According to Lowe's official Facebook account yes, Lowes does price match Amazon.
Keep in mind the item must be sold directly from Amazon and not a third party seller (look for items sold and shipped by Amazon) and most Lowes managers will price match.
Not only that but the item must be in-stock for Lowes to validate the price match. That means, the item must be in stock and able to ship for you to get the price match.
Are items excluded from Lowes Price Matching?
Yes, here are some of the exclusions for price matching at Lowes...
- Installation labor
- Discontinued products
- Refurbished products
- Used or damaged items
- Competitor’s rebate offers
- Sales tax promotions
- Senior discounts
- Buy-one-get-one-free sales
- Advertising/pricing errors/misprints
If any other exclusions pop up we'll go ahead and get them added.
Are brands excluded from Lowes Price Matching?
Yes, here are some of the brands that are ineligible for Lowes price matching.
- Fisher & Paykel
- Weber and Kichler
Can You Combine a Coupon with a Price Match?
If you have a Lowes coupon you cannot get a price match on the purchase.
Here's what Lowes says about price matching with coupons:
Customers can either use a Lowe’s coupon or price match to a lower competitive price but not both. Lowe’s doesn’t allow coupons to be used on a product that has a price match.
Will Lowes Price Match Warehouse prices? (Costco, Sam's Club)
Yes, Lowes will.
Unlike Home Depot's price match policy, Lowes does price match warehouse clubs as long as the club is a local retail competitor and the product is identical and in stock.
Bonus Lowes Shopping Tips
- Do you have an item that went on sale after you purchased it? Well Lowes actually offers a similar price protection program to Home Depot's. So any time you purchase something that has a price drop within 30 days, you can bring the receipt and the store will refund the difference.
- Lowes also offers active military personnel and veterans a 10% discount on purchases. Just flash your military ID or state-issued license with proof of military history to verify eligibility!
- Lowes doesn't normally honor competitor's coupons, but, if you're shopping in-store you can definitely check with the store manager because some locations may be able to work with you and if they can't discount the actual item, your manager may be able to set you up with an in-store credit for the difference!
- It never hurts to ask your cashier or clerk about one of their policies. But - especially when wheeling and dealing - it usually makes more sense to go right to the store manager who can usually make things happen for you without wasting any time.