How To Get The Best Sirius XM Deal 2018 [Guide]
So you're looking to get the best Sirius XM Radio deal because the price went up and you're stuck with a hefty bill...
- Click here for SiriusXM for 6 Months $30 (live now)
- Click here for SiriusXM FREE May 14-29 (limited time only)
You're not the only one.
There are thousands of us who signed up for Sirius XM on a trial offer, or a discounted price only to be hit with a hefty bill when it expires.
There's good news...
There's a handy trick to get the best Sirius XM Radio Deal that you might not know about which may save you hundreds of dollars on your SiriusXM subscription!
Like any big company, Sirius XM's main goal is keeping you on as a customer. And users everywhere have been able to negotiate better Sirius XM Radio Deals just by calling before their service expires. We'll be breaking down all the best SiriusXM deals as well as how to get the best Sirius XM deal in 2018.
Best Sirius XM Deals 2018
Keep in mind these are the current promotional Sirius XM deals but below we'll be showing you how to get the best Sirius deal simply by negotiating your subscription rate.
- SiriusXM Radio FREE May 14-29 - Limited Time Offer*
- SiriusXM for 6 Months for $30 - Current Best Deal*
- 25% Off Standard Rates for military personnel
- SiriusXM for 12 Months for $99
- SiriusXM 30-day Free Trial
How To Get The Best Sirius XM Deal
We love Sirius XM Radio, it's a great service that makes our commute a little more enjoyable thanks to the commercial free music and talk shows they offer.
What most people don't know:
By simply calling Sirius XM Radio and letting them know the service is too costly for what you're getting from them, you can expect them to try and retain you as a customer and offer you prices that are cheaper than you're currently paying.
That's right you're able to negotiate with Sirius XM.
If you're like me you go in on a promotional offer and now need to find a way to get it cheap. Follow these steps to get the best Sirius XM Radio Deal for you:
Step 1: Call Sirius XM at 1-888-601-6302 and ask to be transferred to the retention department.
Step 2: Let the retention agent know your service is ending soon and that you would like to cancel for whichever reason you prefer you're welcome to say that you're just not getting your money's worth out of the service for how much you're paying and you want to cancel.
Step 3: Expect the retention agent to present some offers to you but you don't want to accept one until we get the best offer possible.
Step 4: The retention agent should offer you $99 a year which isn't the best deal so politely say it's still too much, then hopefully the retention agent should provide more offers you'll want to be patient so you can get the best deal.
Step 5: Expect offers such as $50 for 6 months which you'll also want to pass on and hopefully the retention agent should offer you 5 months for $25, this is the best deal you want!
Step 6: Set an alarm in your phone for the next time your membership is set to expire and do this again. You want to get promotional rates with Sirius for the best prices!
If you're like me and were expecting to pay around $10+ a month for Sirius this post should be helpful you should be able to get the best Sirius deal for you by following these steps.
You can save more than 50% off your SiriusXM Satellite Radio Subscription just by following these steps and you don't even need a promo code or coupon code!
What are the best Sirius XM Deals?
While negotiating with a retention agent you'll want to keep in mind that you want the best possible Sirius XM deal when your plan is getting ready to expire.
These are the plans you want to be shooting for getting, many have gotten these you'll just want to be patient when negotiating over the phone with the retention agent.
Here's some of the best deals people have gotten:
- 5 months for $25
- 6 months for $25
These are the deals you'll want to shoot for when talking to an agent over the phone!
What are the Sirius XM Plans?
Before you sign up, you'll want to know what you're signing up for. Here's the current tiers of SiriusXM plans that are available:
- Sirius Mostly Music: A basic music plan that gives you 80 channels of music but not included in this package is sports and comedy and costs $10.99/month.
- Sirius Select: The next level of Sirius this package includes 140 channels of music, sports and comedy and costs $14.99/month.
- Sirius All Access: The top level of Sirius this package includes 160 channels and lets you stream from any device.
Are Sirius XM Yearly deals worth it?
For mostly music no but for Sirius Select or Sirius All Access yes. Signing up for Sirius XM Yearly Deals can save you a bunch depending on which package you are grabbing, take a look at these prices by month and then check them out by year!
- Sirius Select — Save $15.99 with 1 year introductory price
- Sirius All Access — Save $22.88 with 1 year introductory price.
- Don't pay full price for Sirius XM. Whether you're using a promotional discount or negotiating a better price you really don't want to be paying full price for SiriusXM take some time to revisit this post and get a better deal.
- Check out some of the current best deals. Take a look at currently available deals and promos so you know what price you're shooting for.
- Let them know you are going to cancel. Instead of asking for a better deal, just let them know know the price has become too much and you love the service but just can't afford it. You're much more likely to get a deal from the retention agent than asking for a deal or just cancelling without trying to negotiate a better deal.
- Know when your deal expires. This is big because who knows how many times you can negotiate a better deal with Sirius XM.
Related Buyer's Guides and MomDeals' Lists:
- Want Cheap Home Phone Service? Here's 5 Frugal Options
- Free Redbox Codes: Plus Tips To Get More (2018 Update)
- Dish Welcome Pack: How & Where To Get It (Channels, Pricing & Tips)
- Bath & Body Works Free Shipping Trick (2018)
Your turn: How did you make out negotiating with Sirius XM? We'd love to hear! Also share any tips and tricks you learned while negotiating!