We've had a ton of members of our Facebook Group (you're welcome to join here) ask 'how does Wish.com work' and if Wish was a legit-safe site to visit, so I figured I'd write a post about it.
To start, I've ordered several times from Wish and while my answers aren't official answers these are just from my experience.
Before starting, one big thing to keep in mind about Wish is many of the items are being shipping from overseas and take many days to deliver, so don't expect quick shipping.
How Does Wish Work?
Wish is a free to use shopping site and also mobile app for sweet deals and bargains.
It puts shoppers directly in touch with 3rd party sellers in China to buy pretty much anything at a fraction of what you'd find it for elsewhere and is completely free to use.
- Sign up for the Wish app by installing it on your phone.
- Next, you'll want to create an account you'll need this to see offers on Wish.
- That's it, you're ready to browse offers.
Before signing up you should keep in mind that since shipments are from China, items take longer to ship to you than most websites we're used to.
What Is The Wish App?
While shopping with Wish you have two options, using the website or the app.
The App is one of the top rated apps on both iPhone and Android (install here) and only takes a second to install. The great thing with using Wish is you can also shop online at Wish.com too, once logged in you'll find thousands of cheap bargains available for purchase.
Is Wish Legit? Or Is It a Scam?
Wish and the Wish App aren't scams, both are legit, but there are sellers who could be scammers.
Like eBay and Amazon is prone to have some scammers, you could get scammed on Wish.
Many buyers have had some negative experiences with Wish such as a products not being shipped, or poor customer service from Wish itself, you must do your research!
Doing your own research on things you're interested in buying is key. For example, recently I purchased Fidget Spinners from Wish. Instead of looking at the photos offered by the seller, I looked at customer photos to find which were legit and which weren't.
I also looked at the store's rating and that helped me with my decision.
Many have had negative experiences with Wish so you'll want to be wary of scammers, so making sure to check reviews of each seller before making a purchase is vital. The more aware you become as a customer the better off you'll be on Wish.
Be thorough, check out the reviews and the store rating, and even with that said keep in mind reviews and photos can be deceiving.
Our Review of Wish.com
Many things you can buy on Wish are pretty good and the prices are can't-miss. As long as you are being thorough and reading the reviews and looking at the photos, it's worth trying yourself.
I've had a lot of luck buying small gadgets and gizmos, but I would not trust buying something super expensive at the risk of being scammed. I also have had luck with Wish by joining Facebook groups to find sweet deals that other shoppers have vouched for.
Many users have complained about stuff not showing up, and while that has happened to me once, I was able to contact customer support and clear up the incident in a timely manner.
The key is to do your research, I didn't know these were 3rd party sellers when I first signed up.
I would also not recommend the site if what you are ordering is time sensitive, items can take weeks to deliver so you won't want to be left waiting if the item is a gift.
All in all, you get what you pay for right now with Wish. While I've had some nice savings with the site, the quality at times can be hit or miss at times.
Wish App Shopping Tips
- Read Reviews: The best thing shoppers can do is read reviews, check the store ratings and look at the product photos available.Checking out reviews protects you from scammers.
- Check Customer Photos: Instead of looking at product photos, check customer photos. Check photos uploaded by customers to make sure the product is as described.
- Check Shipping: Since most items are shipped from overseas, check shipping, you'll regret it later if your item takes forever to get to you and you're not sure why.
- Some Stores are Better Than Others: Checking reviews and customer photos are a great way to see if the store has a good reputation, do so often.
Related Buyer's Guides and MomDeals' Lists:
- Zulily Free Shipping: Here's How To Get It (2018)
- Wish Return Policy: 7 Things You Should Know
- How To Get Free ShopRunner (2018 Guide)
Your turn: Have you ordered from Wish.com? Let us know what your experience was using the Wish App so others can hear your review on it! We'd love to hear!